Thursday, January 8, 2009

Nose to the Grindstone.

Amid more research and sketching, I'm finding love and inspiration.
I looked in my bookshelf at the bright cyan toned spine of my Craig Thompson trade paperback Blankets. Remembered how good it was; the linework, the storyline, all of it and popped it open. Inspiration. I have to, HAVE TO work more on my sketches for HOH! Then, I perused my RSS feeds for online strips and saw that there was a new post for Nothing Better by Tyler Page. Now, I'm not a religious man, but I am a spiritual one. This web comic really, I mean REALLY speaks to me. If you haven't read either, get off of your ass and beg, borrow, or steal(okay, don't steal, but make every possible effort to obtain) these books to get a sense of what it is that I'm rambling about. You'll see that I'm really not that off the mark in liking them.
Seriously. Now, back to my recliner and my sketchbook to pencil out some more ideas.
Oh, head's up? I'm also trying to put together a professional site that will link up to this blog and some cartoon samples that I've done. So, busy bee, off to work!
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment